Friday, January 24, 2014

Dublin Darling


Dublin Darling

Dublin darling, Irish gal

Even the Englishmen love you

Wild red hair waving like a fern

Leading the invaders on

Your shamrock smile

Made this archer feels lucky

As I chased you down Dublin streets

I forgot my nationality

I starved myself like Richard II

To buy you a bracelet

You turned me down

Said “I was too English”

St. Patrick was English

You said you hated the foreigners

Yet you welcomed every ship

The River Shannon was my grave

You flirted with the next English archer

Dublin Darling, Irish gal, Sweet Shamrock

The Rose’s thorns will come

And I will laugh from the bottom of your river

As you struggled helplessly against the waves

Brian Boru won’t appear to save you

 
Don't reuse without permission

No comments:

Post a Comment